Re: linux abi

> > > I was trying to run an SCO binary in woody (with 2.4bf24 kernel) and
> > > noticed that linux abi is neither enclosed in woody nor in sid.

This brings back a memory, from the distant past (OK, 3-4 years ago, but
hey, for some of us remembering that far back is a challenge). I
remember that there used to be an "ibcs" kernel module. ibcs was Intel
Binary Compatibility Specification (or something similar), and it was an
external package, not part of the kernel itself. The documentation
mentioned being able to run binaries from SCO and some other Intel-based
types of UNIX, as long as you had the dynamic libraries for them
available. I don't know what ever happened with that, though.

--
Michael Heironimus