Re: Debian on Gericom Webshox

On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 11:34:51AM +0200, Erik Browaldh wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have problems installing Debian with an Graphical environment (ie now
> only text-based) on my
> Gericom Webshox. A friend told me, its because of no recognition of the
> gfx-card.

I've never heard of this type of computer, but Debian obviously supports
it...Do you know what sort of graphics card you have?  Sending the
output of `lspci -vvv' would help us to help you.

> Also, during installation I have problems for not getting all the text
> on one screen, and no idea how to scroll down/minimize the text.
> This was a big problem when I wanted to partition my HD, no way I
> couldnt see the last 2-3 lines where the commands are given.

You can scroll up and down with <shift+pgup> and <shift+pgdn>.
Unfortunately, this `scrollback buffer' is lost when you switch to
another console.

-rob