Hercules Prophet 4000XT

Hi,

I just put a Hercules Prophet 4000XT video card into a dual boot box. I want to play Warcraft III under WinXP and the Prophet does the job at a good price. I was under the impression when the Voodoo 3 card came out that in order to get 2D Linux performance, which is all I need at present I could get the Prophet to run by replacing "tdfx" with "vesa" in the XF86Config file, but it seems this is not the case.

As it is only 2D performance I am after in Linux, what have others found to be the quick way to get a Prophet 4000 to work?

Anyone help?

Keith

--
  Keith O'Connell.                   -o)