Re: i845G chipset ???

On Tue, 1 Oct 2002, Michael D. Schleif wrote:

> Who is running debian on a mainboard with i845G chipset?
>
> If so, which debian version and which kernel?
>
> What else do I need to know?

I believe the graphics driver for this chipset is still in CVS
in the Xfree86 developers and may not even be in xfree4.2 packages
of debian.

I would imagine that the latest 2.4 kernel will work.... I believe the
real issue is the intel graphics card....better to get a separate graphics
card that is supported....you can use the intel one on the motherboard
at a later date when support gets increased.