Re: VERY OT: mass installation on XBox

On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 06:23:01AM -0400, Antonio Rodriguez wrote:
> By the way, I like the idea of  the duel. That would really be great,
> if they want to fight, let them do it themselves and stop messing the
> lives of others (who will not make any money from the oil anyway!)

(Disclaimer:  I am an American.  Maybe Mr. Rodriguez is as well, and if
so, then that's fine.  I'm just venting after listening to Gerhard
Schroeder of Germany and after reading some of his campaign material.)

I'm sick of Europeans suggesting that the entire reason that the US
wants to attack Iraq is because of oil.  I agree, it may be a secondary
motive, heck, it may be over 50% of our reasons, but it's also because
of the US's love for freedom and national security.  I feel, as an
American tax payer, that the UN Member Nations (including the US,
Britain, France, Germany, Russia, et. al) have the right to search Iraq
for weapons of mass destruction per the treaty that Hussein signed.
Were Germany, et. al in our situation with weapons of mass destruction
from a rogue nation (supposedly) pointing at it's national interest, how
much do you think they would rock the boat?  (I say supposedly because,
like George Carlin, I don't believe on face value what the American
media and American government tell me.  That's why I have a satellite
and can speak more than one Gov't approved language)

Remember how poorly appeasement worked in Europe?  How well are you
Europeans repaying us after we saved your butt?  (Okay, granted, maybe
you don't owe us anything after saving our butt in the 1770s and 1780s :-))

Oh, and the only reason that Hussein wants a duel is that the Iraqi
air-force and army are no match for the US and UN forces.  I'm sorry, I
don't agree it, but the army with the most bodies usually wins, Saddam.
Unfortunately, that's how foreign politics have been played out since the
times of Caesar.

Just my (rambling) two cents, and sorry if I offend anyone (too much),

Edward Guldemond

Key fingerprint:  29FF 2969 A04E F934 3F03
                  4329 BC56 3AA7 2F57 6735