Re: Foomatic and CUPS

"Keith G. Murphy" <keithmur@mindspring.com> writes:
> Bill Wohler wrote:
> >   I was under the impression that one could simply install foomatic and
> >   then CUPS would then be able to present the available printers and
> >   drivers to the user. CUPS would then call foomatic-configure on behalf
> >   of the user to automatically put together a ppd file. This isn't the
> >   case.
> I use cupsomatic-ppd, rather than foomatic-db, and that works great
> for me.  Your mileage may vary.

  Thanks for the pointer, Keith. I'm not using cupsomatic-ppd for two
  reasons. One, it doesn't include my printer (or didn't when I looked
  into it) and two, the package descriptions says this:

    For new installations please try foomatic-bin plus foomatic-db first.

Maintainer of comp.mail.mh FAQ and mh-e. Vote Libertarian!