Re: The Real Problem With Debian

On Tue, 2002-10-01 at 23:57, nate wrote:
> Russell said:
> > Rick wrote:
>
> > Start off simple. Just get console apps working first, then install
>

> console doesn't get enough exposure. nowadays most anyone cares
> about is getting X running with their KDE3 or GNOME2. kinda sad,
> the console offers a lot of power, I remember back when I used
> slackware I spent most of my time at the console, things are
> so responsive! It's great being able to swap terminals with a touch

Why do people keep saying this?

Even on 5yo h/w, re-sizable xterms and virtual desktops are 1000x
more flexible than 25x80 consoles.

And you get the best of both worlds: curses + GUI...

| Ron Johnson, Jr.     mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA   http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson  |
| "What other evidence do you have that they are terrorists, |
|  other than that they trained in these camps?"             |
|   17-Sep-2002 Katie Couric to an FBI agent regarding the 5 |
|   men arrested near Buffalo NY                             |