Re: dist-upgrade problem with conflicting packages coreutils and shellutils

Hello Faheem,

Am Montag, 30. September 2002 17:52 schrieb Gerhard Gaussling:
> I don't knoww if it's possible
> to remove it. If it's possible I think I have to reinstall
> shellutils, textutils, and fileutils.

debian:/usr/src# apt-get remove  coreutils
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  coreutils
WARNING: The following essential packages will be removed
This should NOT be done unless you know exactly what you are doing!
  coreutils
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0  not
upgraded.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 5329kB will be freed.
You are about to do something potentially harmful
To continue type in the phrase 'Yes, do as I say!'
 ?] n
Abort.

This seems to be not a good idea. Maybe apt-get and debconf depends
on the utilitys, and if they are removed I'll maybe no longer able
to reinstall textutils, shellutils and fileutils.

regards

gerhard