Re: A (little) bit OT: The Gimp & LaTeX (Or putting it all together)

Tom Cook <tom.cook@adelaide.edu.au> writes:

> I find that conversion to PS/EPS often degrades bitmap pictures (in
> particular the over-the-top anti-aliasing makes text and hard lines
> fairly fuzzy).

That should only be for display (since AA only happens on display).
JPEG images can be put into PS file without uncompression, so there
should be no degradation.

Now, when converting to PDF many distill-type programs will resample
the image, which will degrade it, but that can be turned off.

Sometimes it's a bitch. Sometimes it's a breeze.