Re: Making an audio CD from mp3 and wav files

Elimar Riesebieter, 2002-Sep-28 15:58 +0200:
> On Sat, 28 Sep 2002 the mental interface of
> Preben Randhol told:
>
> > Jeff <jcoppock1@attbi.com> wrote on 28/09/2002 (00:37) :
> > > I'm having trouble finding a converter to make wav files from my ogg
> > > and mp3 files.  Can someone point me at an encoder?
> >
> > Get gnometoaster the it is only drag-n-drop
> >
> >    http://gnometoaster.rulez.org/
> > --
> [...]
>
> Whats about apt-cacge show mp3burn?
>
>  mp3burn is a Perl script that allows you to burn audio CDs composed
>  of MP3 or Ogg Vorbis tracks without an intermediate file conversion
>  to .cdr or .wav.
>  Actually, the .mp3/.ogg files *are* converted using a decoder, but are
>  written to FIFOs so they don't consume a lot of filesystem space during
>  the burn.
>
> Works fine for me and can be handled in scripts as well;-)

I'll have to check this out.  One of my issues is the ability to
determine how many tracks I can fit on the CD.  The only way I've been
able to do this is to convert to wav first and add up the MB's.  The
music varies in size, obviously, and I've been able get a few as 12
songs and as many as 24 songs on a single CD.

jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer
Diggin' Debian		Admin and User