Re: Can not acces ide cdrom

    "bob" == bob parker <bob_parker@dodo.com.au> writes:

    bob> I am using Debian 3.0.0.  I installed it with a 2.2.20 kernel
    bob> which did not have scsi support.  I later installed the
    bob> 2.4.18 kernel and got support for my scsi cd burner but I
    bob> have lost ability to read my ide cdrom.

I'd guess you have to load ide-cd ('modprobe ide-cd') by hand to see
if /dev/hdc (or hdb or whatever your IDE CD is on) is recognized. What
is the output of 'lsmod | grep ide'? If that works add ide-cd to
/etc/modules.

Cheers!
Shyamal