Re: Can not acces ide cdrom

On Sun, 29 Sep 2002 the mental interface of
bob parker told:

> On Sun, 29 Sep 2002 00:59, you wrote:
> > Hey Bob, a Re: Bob?
> >
> > I just went through this recently, so I hope I remember this correctly: the
> > device you want to operate as a CDROM needs to point to the SCSI device.
> >
> > In /dev/
> > make /dev/CDROM a symlink to scd0
> >
> It already is indirectly, ie /dev/cdrom symlinks to /dev/cdrom0 which
> symlinks to /dev/scd0. Reading from the scsi device is ok. It is the
> ide device that got lost.
> What I'm not clear on is whether I need to have the /dev/cdrom1
> linked to /dev/sc1 as it now is or /dev/hdb as it is ide.
Link /dev/cdrom to /dev/scd0. That's correct. Check wether you are
in group cdrom and make sure /dev/scdo has rw access to group.

brw-rw----    1 root     cdrom     11,   0  4. Nov 2001  /dev/scd0

--
Learned men are the cisterns of knowledge, not the fountainheads ;-)