Re: ssh refuses to install (potato)

Robert L. Harris said:

>  This looks like a bug in the install scripts within the .deb.  Did
> anything else fail as well?  Mine upgraded fine but I'm on woody not
> potato.  See if dpkg upgraded (it may use -t).  If not then just hang on
> a day or so, the maintainer will hopefully fix it (my experience is they
> fix em very quickly) or the maintainer or the broken dependancy needs to
> have something pushed to potato.

I wouldn't get your hopes up if its a bug in the potato version. Shortly
after Woody was released I got 2 emails from the bug tracking system
saying that the SSH package manager closed the 2 bugs I had open
(along with a TON of others), because woody was released. The package manager
seems not to have any interest in supporting potato anymore. Which is
one reason I rushed to upgrade my systems to woody out of fear that
potato would be dropped(much like slink was) shortly after woody was
released despite my systems running perfectly fine under potato.

I don't think it's a bug though, the -t option is perfectly legal under
that version of OpenSSH, I am thinking it's a path issue maybe he has a
self-compiled version of SSH installed and his path points to another place
before pointing to /usr/bin..

nate