Re: gcc 3.2 & kernels compiled with 2.95

No personal experience here, but I read on the linux kernel mailing
list that if you need to compile both the "main" kernel and any modules
with the same compiler.

The c++ ABI has changed from 2.95 to 3.x series, which means any c++
application that you compile with a 3.x compiler will not be able to
work with a c++ library that is compiled with 2.95 (and visa versa).  I
believe there may have been an ABI change from 3.0.4 and 3.2.  I am
pretty sure that any c or fortran code should be okay with respect to
using code from either compiler version with the exception of the
kernel and modules as stated above.

If any of this is wrong please correct me.

John Schmidt