Re: Last night's dist-upgrade broke Gnome-AA session :-(

On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 04:15:04PM -0400, stan wrote:
> Last night I did apt-get dist-upgrade. I rememebr some font packages being
> upgraded, and being asked if I wanted defoma to manage them. I chose yes.
>
> My defaul X session has been Gome-AA for a while. After this upgrade, all I
> get if I try to login this way is a brief black screen, and the gdm login
> prompt comes back.
>
> Gnome (non AA) session works normally.
>
> Sugestiosn as to how to fix this would be apreciated.

First step, try to get more information on problem.

[Ctrl][Alt][F1] and login.
Check files like ~/.gnome-errors, ~/.xsession-errors,
/var/log/gdm/0.log, or /var/log/XFree86.0.log, or /var/log/messages
for messages to help diagnose the problem.

--
Jerome