Re: bochs v. vmware

on Wed, Sep 25, 2002, Colin Watson (cjwatson@debian.org) wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 09:10:51AM -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> > on Wed, Sep 25, 2002, Leandro Guimar (lgcdutra@terra.com.br) wrote:
> > >
> > > 	The free software equivalent of VMWare would be Plex86.
> >
> > No, last I recall, that's the FS equivalent of bochs, which is source
> > distributed, but not free.
>
> That's incorrect; I think you're a couple of years out of date here.
> Bochs is LGPLed and is an emulator, Plex86 is a virtualizer. Google
> should confirm this.

I stand corrected.

Citations help.  From the Plex86 information page:

    http://www.plex86.org/info.phtml

    What is Plex86?

    The goal of the Plex86 project is to create an extensible open
    source PC virtualization software program which will allow PC
    and workstation users to run multiple operating systems
    concurrently on the same machine.

Thanks, Colin.

Peace.

   zIWETHEY: Rattlestar Techlectica:  http://z.iwethey.org/forums/