Re: Alias for loopback interface in /etc/network/interfaces?

Edward Guldemond <thedebategod@yifan.net> wrote:

EG> On Tue, Sep 24, 2002 at 09:15:08PM +0200, Morten Bo Johansen wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> If I wanted to create an alias for the loopback interface in
>> /etc/network/interfaces corresponding to e.g.
>>
>>    # ifconfig lo:0 192.168.1.1
>>
>> then how should the entry look like?

EG> Why would you want to do this?

Good question. I have tinydns and dnscache installed and they
must use different IPs: dnscache uses 127.0.0.1 and then I want
to make tinydns use another IP that is as alias for the
loopback interface as I don't have any NIC installed. If you
have any better suggestions please let me know.

EG> Happy to help,

Happy to get it ;)

Regards,

Morten

--
"Fanaticism consists in redoubling your efforts when you have forgotten
 your aim."                                          (George Santayana)