Re: OT: M$ Proxy Server

also sprach Robert Vazan <robertvazan@host.sk> [2002.09.24.1817 +0200]:
> I am in similar situation. I've written a wrapper that turns MS Proxy
> into NAT server, usable by Linux. The only disadvantage, my wrapper
> runs on Windows sitting between Linux and MS Proxy. So your brother
> must find a friend who will run the wrapper for him or run Windows on
> vmware. However multiple Linuces can use one wrapper, so average cost
> may be lower. I can choose from 50 Windows boxes on LAN, so this is
> not a problem for me.
>
> http://robertvazan.host.sk/proxy/

Mh. http://freshmeat.net/projects/ntlmaps/ might be the better bet
simply because they get charged by volume according to the account
they use for authorization.

> It's generally good idea to talk to your admins about your problems.
> They might not know about that Debian install or they may have other
> reasons (maybe they got the server for free). Nobody wants to be
> troublemaker. If you show your dissatisfaction, they will think about
> it and possibly promise to install NAT server.

it's micro$oft behind that, who found out about the debian install and
consequently instituted the proxy server. the school is a M$ Project
school, so their experimental grounds, and Micro$oft is, once again,
actively abusing their power to drive the others out. Great.

btw, please don't CC me on replies, especially not when I have the
Mail-Followup-To header set appropriately.

thanks though.

"the public is wonderfully tolerant.
 it forgives everything except genius."
                                                        -- oscar wilde