Re: Question on File Permissions

In article <[🔎] 3D8E1B46.5080108@airgazm.com>,
Debian User  <debuser@airgazm.com> wrote:
>Question, is there any way to set a default file permission on a certain
>user folder inside the /var/www/ folder.
>
>I want to setup accounts for users to upload web files, but the problem
>is that whenever I upload files, the files always default to read only
>and I have to run the chmod command each time, instead of them just
>defaulting to read and exe access for all.

How do you upload those files? You'll have to change a setting
in the program that handles that on the server side.

If its FTP, find out which ftp server you're running. If it's
proftpd, fix it in /etc/proftpd.conf (docs on www.proftpd.net).
Etc.

Mike.
--
Computers are useless, they only give answers. --Pablo Picasso