Re: getting a new package into next stable revision?

"nate" <debian-user@aphroland.org> writes:

> your best bet is to contact the package maintainer, but it is unlikely
> it would get in unless it fixed a serious problem in the current package,
> and in that case even those specific fixes may have to be backported.
>
> debian, traditionally has been very strict with what new packages are
> available in the new revisions of stable.

Well why then did the Xemacs-version I pulled from _stable_ at
start-up display this message : debian-xemacs-version:  Symbols' value
as variable is void, while one from testing does not?
Or am I the sole person who encountered this strange problem?

Josef Oswald oswald@chello.at
--
registered-Linux-user # 134.818 at http://counter.li.org