Re: [OT] punctuation (was Re: Configuring w3m for Mozilla)

DvB <imasu@earthlink.net> [2002-09-19 10:50:34 -0500]:
> > > try running "which mozilla," minus the quotes and the comma from the
> > > command line.

> I was merely following commonly accepted punctuation rules for American
> English which state that, when a comma (or period) follows a quoted

Ah, but languages were switched.  You were no longer talking American
English but Computer User.  When talking CU new rules are applied.  At
that time all literal strings are quoted exactly with characters you
wish the user to type.  :-)  I have taken to offsetting in a block
quote format just to be explicit.  And it makes cut-n-paste easier.

  which mozilla

But instead of that old csh script 'which' I prefer newer commands
such as 'command' or 'type'.  (Yes I see that on debian which is now a
bash script instead of a csh script.  But this is not true everywhere.)

  type mozilla

  command -v mozilla

Bob