Re: df and dh reporting different disk space usage

# mount --bind / /mnt/tmp

Is safe. The kernel knows that it's the same filesystem.

Brilliant!  I just moved things from /mnt/tmp/usr:

/dev/md0                365492     85809    260813  25% /

PS: I just noticed that this will create loops in the directory
   structure; something is bound to get confused by that...

Many tools traversing filesystems have a 'don't cross filesystem
boundaries' that comes in handy in these cases.

I don't think this is an issue because these mount points are just directories until you mount something on top of them. So if you mount the original filesystem you get it with those directories.

Erik

|   Erik Erskine                                                     |
|   Sundayta Ltd                                                     |