Re: Routing an internet acces to a Win2K station via a Woody platform

On Mon, Sep 16, 2002 at 01:20:49AM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> shorewall is a nice pick. And yes, it kinda facilitates things while
> making them a little more complicated.

I thought Shorewall made things less complicated. (Sorry for not
being clear on that originally.)

After you start shorewall you get to see where you screwed
up as output of the start command. It's easy to clear shorewall for
a while (ie no webaccess from desktop, can't reach docs).

The beauty is everything is really well documented and you won't get
confused by having to look in many places.

Do I sound like I used Windows for more than six years? I promised
myself to get in to the lower level stuff, but for now it works.

Website [1] is very nice too.

Bob

[1] http://www.shorewall.net/