a question about modems

Hello there list,

Another newbie question here.  I got Debian all set up but have a question.
I am on a dialup connection.  I tried the "pppconfig" but it did not seem to
detect my modem which is a win modem with a rocwell chip set on
"/dev/ttys1".  I am wondering do I have to actually download drivers for
this and if so do they have to be compiled in the kernel or can I run them
separately.  Also on the same note,  I have a soundblaster 16 sound card and
couldn't find a module that looked like it would work for the sound blaster
16.  Any ideas where I can go and get a driver for it?  Thanks much.

Scott Berry
Msn: electronicman1960@hotmail.com
Yahoo Messenger: electronicman1960
If you are interested in scanning and you are blind please come join our
police scanner list.  To subscribe send a message to:
mailto:blindscanner-subscribe@yahoogroups.com