Re: [OFF TOPIC] majordomo and exim

On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 12:31:44AM -0400, Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:
 > On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 06:19:24PM +0100, Keith Robinson wrote:
 >
 > | I am trying to set up majordomo alongside exim, but everytime I mail
 > | majordomo (majordomo@my_domian), the mail is frozen and remains
 > | undelivered until I remove it from the queue.
 > |
 > | I have listed below all relevant details
 >
 > You omitted the error message from exim that would tell you why the
 > message was frozen.  Look in /var/log/exim/mainlog.  I'm familiar with
 > exim but I know nothing about majordomo.

 It was enevitable that I'd miss something!  The mainlog reads:

2002-09-13 11:16:16 17pnUm-0003KL-00 Neither the system_aliases director nor the address_pipe transport set a uid for local delivery of |/home/majordom/runtime/wrapper majordomo

Does that offer any enlightenment?  I'm afraid I'm not much of an exim buff - I'm just learning as I go.

On a side matter, why is majordomo not part of the debian distro?  I looked through the packages and saw mailman, which I guess is more the default mailing list software for debian.  Is it better than majordomo?

Thanks for your response,

Keith