Re: Mice can not work in a new kernel 2.4.19

Willy Sutrisno said:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed a Debian Woody to my new system, the kernel default is
> 2.2.x. Since this kernel does not support Geforce 4. I need to have the
> latest kernel. So I downloaded the latest kernel from debian, it is
> 2.4.19. After I have configure the kernel according to my system, I
> compiled it and install it. Reboot.... and I am in.

Maybe it is Geforce4 specific, but I imagine 2.2.x would work fine
with the Geforce4, at least it works fine with my Geforce2 and Geforce3,
Geforce4 uses the same drivers .......(the drivers on nvidia.com)

http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=linux_display_1.0-2960

Where do you see that Geforce4 is not supportd by 2.2.x ?? Of course
they may not offer precompiled 2.2.x kernel modules, but it should
be supported ..and it is quite stable..

nate