Re: Ethernet issues.

On (09 Sep 02 00:56), Gary Lucas wrote:
> luck:~# route add -net 192.168.0.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 gw <ISP's
> assigned gateway> eth1

You don't add another route/gateway for your local net. You should instead set
the other computers on the network to use your router as a gateway,
which will then route stuff out to the internet via its default gateway.

> Do I need a cross over cable or would that not be necessary?

If they are directly connected by a cable and not via a hub then yes,
you will need a crossover cable for them to communicate.

Ben