/usr/sbin/eximconfig problem

Hi folks

I was updating one of my boxes running sid, and as part of the
dependancies for new packages it pulled down exim. The problem was on
configuration:

Setting up exim (3.36-1) ...
syntax error at /usr/sbin/eximconfig line 955, near "" )"
  (Might be a runaway multi-line "" string starting on line 948)
Execution of /usr/sbin/eximconfig aborted due to compilation errors.
dpkg: error processing exim (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 255
 exim

Any attempt at an apt-get dist-upgrade after that resulted in the same
error, as did a dpkg --configure exim. I have exim installed on my other
machines (though configured not to do anything as yet) and hadn't seen
the problem there, and the only difference is the first machine hadn't
had a /etc/exim/exim.conf file written yet. Copying that across, followed
by dpkg --configure exim, sorted out the problem.

I'm assuming this is a temporary glitch caused by the perl 5.8 upgrade as
/usr/sbin/eximconfig is a perl script (and gives the same result on other
boxes if I run /usr/sbin/eximconfig). As such I don't know if it warrants
a bug report (can't see similar filed against exim at present) or if I
should now ignore it as it currently 'works for me'.

Regards, Martin
--
martin@dbg400.net  jamaro@firstlinux.net  http://www.dbg400.net    /"\
DBG/400 - DataBase Generation utilities - AS/400 / iSeries Open    \ /