Re: weird but working triple boot with lilo on Woody

Benedict Verheyen wrote:

> I put these lines in my lilo.conf
> other=/dev/hda1
> label="Win98"
> other=/dev/hdb1
> label="WinXp"
>
> I expected to be able to boot both win os's but it didn't work. When i chose
> WinXp it said that that partition wasn't bootable. When i choose Win98,
> and this is the weird thing, i got the dual boot loader from WinXP that
> showed a list of XP and Win98 that could be booted.
> I probably could have avoided it by hiding my Win98 disk so that XP wouldn't
> touch the hda but install it's boot into hdb. ( is there a free tool that allows
> to hide a disk/parition)

Here is the germane portion of my lilo.conf. I can boot Win98 or my backup
Win98. The key is to temporarily switch the order of the partitions so that
the one you want to boot appears as hda.

other=/dev/hda1
	label=win
	table=/dev/hda

other=/dev/hdb1