Re: eth0 deactivates overnight...

> > After an upgrade to woody my eth0 deactivates when my machine is left on
> > overnight. As eth0 is dhcp-driven, I suppose this is something about
> > dhcp. But I can't spare enough time to look for the solution myself right
> > now, I hope someone solved this problem before and can help me.

At what time does it deactivate. If you don't know, run the following
in a console for the night:

  while ping -nc1 66.218.71.198; do sleep 10; done && date

and look at that console again in the morning.

Also, what's deactivation? What does `ifconfig eth0` say? Is the
interface still UP and does not have an IP assigned, or any other
combination of the two?

what does this output: `pidof dhclient`
in the morning?

finally, can you confirm that your DHCP server remains operable
throughout the night?

"i'm always frank and earnest with women.
 uh, in new york i'm frank, and in chicago i'm ernest."
                                            -- the long kiss goodnight