Package verification failed

Hi,

Just tried to use the package verification to improve the security.
However, I got the following error when I used apt-get to install a
package.
# apt-get install apt-show-versions
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
  apt-show-versions
0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 4  not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/10.1kB of archives. After unpacking 21.5kB will be used.
Authenticating /var/cache/apt/archives/apt-show-versions_0.03_all.deb ...
debsig: Origin Signature check failed. This deb might not be signed.

dpkg: error processing
/var/cache/apt/archives/apt-show-versions_0.03_all.deb (--unpack):
 Verification on package
/var/cache/apt/archives/apt-show-versions_0.03_all.deb failed!
 /var/cache/apt/archives/apt-show-versions_0.03_all.deb
Does it mean this package is not well prepared? If not, how to avoid this
error and get it installed? Thanks in advance.

Qian