Re: Viewing .pdf attachments in mutt.[Fixed]

On  0, Russ Pitman <rjp@belle.apana.org.au> wrote:
> To those who replied .Many Thanks,you stirred the mud betwwen my ears:-))
>
> The attachment was telling mutt it was an 'application octet-stream'.
>
> Adding a line
>
> 	application/octet-stream; /usr/bin/acroread '%s' etc etc
>
> in /etc/mailcap worked fine

That's a little dangerous, isn't it?  application/octet-stream can be
almost anything non-ASCII.

It sounds like your suppliers are using a broken mailer.

Tom
--
Tom Cook

"Intellectual freedom is not the freedom to believe anything, but the freedom to believe only the truth."
	- Dr. John Stott

Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/~tkcook/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au