Re: USBDNET driver (for Sharp Zaurus SL-5500 sync)

Carl,

> I've purchased a Zaurus.  It's neat and all, but I can't sync it at
> work (because their proxy software conflicts with Qtopia) and I can't
> sync it at home, because apparently the stock Debian kernel
> (kernel-image-2.4.18-k7) doesn't support the usbdnet extension.  Is
> anyone syncing with a Zaurus on Linux?  Any advice?

http://www.zauruszone.com/howtos/linux_ethernet-over-usb-howto.shtml

You'll need to build a custom kernel, if you're unsure of this install kernel-source-2.4.18 and kernel-package, and look at /usr/share/doc/kernel-package/README.gz..

I'm having the same difficulty as others with the usbdnet driver locking up my machine, so you may find similar problems. See

http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/18496/2002/8/250/9366339/

Erik

|   Erik Erskine                                                     |
|   Sundayta Ltd                                                     |