Re: user specific screen res in x

Ben Thompson wrote:
On Monday 02 September 2002 12:40 am, you wrote:

"Ben" == Ben Thompson <ben_thompson@ntlworld.com> writes:

   Ben> I use kdm, and some of the other users on this computer
   Ben> prefer different resolutions.  It would be great if it
   Ben> automatically changed to the users preffered setting when
   Ben> they log in.

I don't know how to do that.  But here's perhaps the next-best thing:
they can type Ctrl+Alt+Plus or Ctrl+Alt+Minus to reduce or increase
the resolution, respectively -- assuming that you've listed more than
one resolution in the XF86Config-4 file.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried doing it just now, but the trouble is when you reduce the resolution, it does not automatically resize the picture. Is there any way to fix this?

The tool "gvidm" might be of use to you.

Kent