Deb 3.0 Install & HPT370 Controller

When trying to install Deb 3.0 to my desktop I'm having a tiny problem.

I have an ABIT BX-133 motherboard with a HPT370 controller onboard.

This is a dual boot system (Win2K) and as such, I'm /really/ reluctant to
move the HDD back to the ATA-33 controller.

What I would like to know, is how I can install directly onto the
unpartitioned space using the Debian 3.0 installer?

If some one can point me to a URL, that would be great.

If you need / want more info, please let me know, I should be able to dig it
out.

This is my first foray into linux on something that's not bog standard
(read: cheap hardware).

Jason Clarke