Re: raidhotadd and RAID1

hi ya patrick

yeah... raidhotadd .... i just am too lazy to go look up
the latest commands... keeps changing  :-)
and new ones added each year ...
( nope, i dont use them commands too often so far )

if you can do your raidhotadd  and it works ??
	cat /proc/mdstat  --> what does it say

write a huge 3GB file to the raid array, take it down
and see if the 3GB is corrupt etc..
	- lots o testing ...

	- donno why it wont "stick"  -- maybe something
	wrong with /etc/raidtab  or wrong partition type
	for /dev/hdg ??? ( should be fd ( raid autodetect )
	or something like it  ( fdisk, cfdsisk, ... )

	- if its based on bios, hw raid.... ignore everything
	in here ... bios hw raid doesnt work ... and doesnt
	need any of these commands/files

- reboot with only one disk for a good test..

c ya
alvin