Re: XMMS and the new MP3 patent terms

Hi,

I've missed a couple of messages in this discussion, so sorry
if this was already mentioned before...

I'm not sure whether the administrative overhead makes this worth it,
but did it occure to someone, that somebody could sell the mp3 plugin
for XMMS or other players for a nominal fee of say USD 1, and then
pay the 75 cents to Thompson?

I know we all prefer free software, but if somebody has a larger
harddrive worth of mp3 collection then I'm sure the USD 1 is worth it.

Or otherwise agree with Thompson on a licence that would state that if
someone wants to use the player, then he needs to send a check about
USD 0.75 to Thompson :)

cheers,
Balazs