How can I use RPM in debian - 3.0

Hi,

I am trying to install hpbuilder-4.0-1.i386.rpm (trial
version) in debian 3.0.

When I did 'rpm -ivh hpbuilder-4.0-1.i386.rpm', I get
the following message:

error: cannot open Packages index using db3 - No such
file or directory(2)
error: cannot open Packages database in /var/lib/rpm

Seems, db3 package has to be installed? When checked
in the debian site, there is only db3-doc package, but
not db3. Where can I find it, if necessary, of course?

What about /var/lib/rpm? what does it mean?

Any pointers would be highly appreciated.

And, is there any kit/kits that can convert .rpm file
to .deb.  I saw one in RPM howto from .deb to .rpm.

Thanks.

Damar