Question about mail alias for root

Greetings, all.

eximconfig, when asking where to route mail for root and postmaster,
prints the following warning:

    Note that postmaster-mail should usually be read on the system it is
    directed to, rather than being forwarded elsewhere, so (at least one
    of) the users you choose should not redirect their mail off this
    machine.

Why is this considered a good idea?  For convenience, I'd like to
configure exim on my home firewall to route root's mail to my user
account on my normal desktop machine (behind the firewall).  Before I do
this, though, I'd like to know if there are any security issues or other
things I should be aware of.

Why does exim consider this a bad idea?

Thanks,

Richard