Re: Woody Release questions...

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 06:59:49AM +0200, Thomas Weinbrenner wrote:
> Matthew Daubenspeck <matt@oddprocess.org> wrote:
>
> > When woody is officially "released", does that mean it will eventually
> > be called "stable"??
>
> Yes
>
> > If so, does that mean that having "testing" in my sources.list will
> > actually try to grab packages from the next release?
>
> Yes. If you don't want this, replace "testing" with "woody".

>From another thread, however, my impression is that there won't
be any drastic, step changes to testing other than changing its
name from "woody" to "sarge".  IOW, at the moment woody becomes
stable, stable and testing will be identical.  My conclusion is
that it's safe to keep pointing to testing if that's what you've
been doing, and the change of stable to woody will be a non-event
to testing "subscribers".

Ken

--
Ken Irving <jkirving@mosquitonet.com>