Re: printing problems

    David> I have three printers - a 300 dpi HP LaserJet III, a 600
    David> dpi HP LaserJet 4, and a 1200 dpi HP 8100 DN with duplexer.
    David> The later printer is used for data sheets, manuals, and
    David> catalogs, printed on 11 by 17 sheets.  All printers accept
    David> PostScript.  What I need to do is move PostScript files to
    David> them . . . period.

If all of the accept PostScript, can't you just add yourself to the lp
group, or whatever group that you arrange to have write access to the
/dev nodes for you printer.  Then you can just 'cat file.ps > /dev/lp0'
for example.  This is of course only for the local computer.

I guess if you're using lprng, you can just set up printcap to do the
same.  But don't know anything about setting up network printers.
Sorry.

If this is all garbage because I haven't followed the thread closely
enough, just ignore.  ^_^

Good luck!

Marshal