Re: pgaccess and latin1

Hi Eric,

"Eric G. Miller" <egm2@jps.net> writes:

>> I am trying out postgresql and pgaccess. I have a charset problem with
>> pgaccess. When I insert data with pgaccess I cannot insert german
>> umlauts. Typing a-umlaut end up in the Trademark-Sign.
>
> What's the characterset of the locale you're operating under?

locale says:

LANG=de_DE
LC_CTYPE="de_DE@euro"
LC_NUMERIC="de_DE@euro"
LC_TIME="de_DE@euro"
LC_COLLATE="de_DE@euro"
LC_MONETARY="de_DE@euro"
LC_MESSAGES="de_DE@euro"
LC_PAPER="de_DE@euro"
LC_NAME="de_DE@euro"
LC_ADDRESS="de_DE@euro"
LC_TELEPHONE="de_DE@euro"
LC_MEASUREMENT="de_DE@euro"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="de_DE@euro"
LC_ALL=de_DE@euro

Mh, I cannot recall why LANG is de_DE...

> What does the following character look like ä?

Typing ä in pgaccess results in a small TM-Sign

But when I use psql

INSERT INTO mytable ("ä");

inserts the right umlaut. But in pgaccess it is displayed as "TM".

Ciao!
juh

--
Bücherwahnsinn! Was kann man ohne Angst noch lesen?
http://www.sudelbuch.de/2001/20010228.html