Re: courier-imap and windows mail client

On Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 05:22:46PM -0500, dman wrote:

>I'm familiar with :
>   Lookout/Lookout Express  (never!)
Not very Pc to ask but why not?  Its probably the one that your Dad
will find easiest and that means a lot.

>   Netscape Messenger       (works but not the greatest, slow and bloated)
Works fine but unstable.
>   Eudora                   (is it ok?)
No.  Doesn't work as well as Outlook and is adware.

>   Pegasus Mail             (supposedly good, never tried it)
>   The Bat!                 (don't know much)
>   mutt                     (yeah! ;-), but not for my dad)
>   gnus                     (? if emacs runs ..., not going to happen either)

This will sound like OSS for the sake of it but I put my 8 year old
son using Mozilla and he had no problems at all.  Its fast, stable and
works perfectly with IMAP.  I'd use it myself were it not for the lack
of the little shortcut panel that makes Evolution such a pleasure to
use with IMAP.  Why not give it a try?