Re: pgp

* Oi Yan (oiyanca@yahoo.ca) [020426 13:17]:
> Hi all
>
> I installed pgp but don't know how to exchange the
> public key and use in email

I don't think it will be very straightforward using a web-based email
client like Yahoo unless the client webapp includes specific support for
it.

I do recommend, however, that if possible, you do your actual message
composition in a Real Editor and then paste it into the web form on the
Yahoo compose page. If you use this method, you can easily create
old-style inline pgp signatures by piping the message through
gpg --clearsign before you paste it in.

As for distributing your public key, send it to a keyserver with
gpg --send-keys <your ID> . There was some discussion about which
keyserver to use within the last couple of days on this list. If you
don't want to go searching, I'm using wwwkeys.us.pgp.net , and it Works
For Me.

I'm assuming you meant gnupg instead of pgp. If not, go ahead and remove
pgp and install gnupg (unless you have a specific need to do otherwise).
It's Free. =)

good times,
Vineet

--
Currently seeking opportunities in the SF Bay Area
Please see http://www.doorstop.net/resume.shtml