Re: reiserfs and /boot

On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 20:29:23 -0700, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 12:37:53PM +1000, mdevin wrote:
> > I am looking into changing over to reiserfs on all my partitions.  I
> Why?  For small partition, ext3 is manageable.  Also you can access with
> any boot floppy to fix thing in ext3 since it can be read as ext2.
>
> I do not know about FS performance, but /boot does not require it.
>
> Just for journaling, think ext3 for most FS.  /home /var ... may be
> another story.  "Debian reference" has some quick guide for ext3
> introduction :)

I am particularly interested in reiserfs.  After reading the namesys
site and about reiser4 it sounded like something I want to experiment
with.  Particularly the proposed plugins and improved security features.
I don't know whether ext3 is planning to do similar sorts of things.

Also copying things to another partition and then back to a reiserfs one
is not such an issue for me.  So I don't really care if an ext2
partition cannot be converted directly to reiserfs and back again.  The
main reasons I want reiserfs is the journalling and the future plugins
/ security features.

Cheers.
Mark.