PCMCIA Firewire adapters? (was Re: External USB hard disks?)

/ Mike Frisch <mfrisch@isurfer.ca> was heard to say:
| On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 12:11:31AM +0200, Mark Janssen wrote:
|> You'd better go for firewire then. I have the maxtor firewire 80 GB.
|> It works like a charm in both linux and windows... it's faster than USB1
|> (and 2)... and it work with a standard 2.4 kernel....
|
| Seems like the obvious solution, however many more machines have USB
| ports than Firewire (unfortunately).  If the original poster is moving
| the drive between only two machines, it is the better solution.

Well, my laptop doesn't have a firewire port, but I suppose this would
be a good excuse to buy a firewire PCMCIA card. Anyone have experience
using a firewire PCMCIA card and an external hard disk?

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Wandering in a vast forest at night, I