Re: apt-get update via rsync

Hello,

it isn't exactly what you want, but you can install apt-proxy, which uses rsync to get the archives from the "backend" (=debian mirrors) and then apt-get update from your local apt-proxy source - look at the apt-proxy documentation for more info.

There's only one caveat: I recommend you using the rsync version from stable (potato) as i had some compatibility problems to the mirrors with newer rsync versions. I also found something about this problem on the web, but don't remember where.

Hope it helps,
Daniel