Re: sendmail, milter, and Sendmail::Milter

On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 at 01:35:00PM -0400, Derek J. Balling wrote:
> Is anyone using Sendmail::Milter on debian?  I understand that
> sendmail has milter compiled in, however, if I try to install
> libmilter-dev, it wants "sendmail-tls" as a dependency, which doesn't
> seem to exist. (at least dselect can't seem to find it)

You'll want to update - the sendmail-tls dependency was apparently
removed in version 8.12.3-2 a week or two ago.

> Meanwhile, the Sendmail::Milter package for perl, to compile, wants
> to point itself at the obj.* directory inside the sendmail source,
> which obviously won't happen.

Not sure about that ...

> (PS - That will lead to another question of: Is there a threaded-perl
> package available, or would I have to compile that from source?)

There used to be one, but it's no longer around in woody. As I
understand it, XS Perl modules aren't binary-compatible between
unthreaded and threaded Perl, which makes life rather complicated from
the point of view of packaging it. You can certainly go for your own
experimental build, though.