Re: Problem installing SMC 8013wc NIC

I tried this selection (RTL8139) earlier this afternoon, but it still
would not install.  As you know, this network card is an old ISA SMC 8013
series card (best I can determine), circa 1994.  You would think there
would be something that would work with it.

I've read that I can un-comment a particular line in the rc.modules file
to get a card to work.  I haven't been able to find that file yet, to see
what it looks like or to try it out.  I'm wondering if I'm understanding
this procedure correctly, or if I'm barking up the wrong tree.

In any case, any other suggestions for making an uncooperative NIC work
with potato, are appreciated.  You mentioned a d-link 5200 driver.
Maybe, tomorrow, I'll look for that in the list of available drivers in
the install program.  I'll probably double check and give the RTL8139
selection another try, as well.  Thanks, Matt.

Randy