Re: Intermittent aspect ratio problem in X 4.1

Simon Hepburn wrote:

> The one thing that struck me as odd was that X is unable to
> probe your monitor for any info. I'm surprised your monitor
> does not support EDID, it's not very old is it ?

I bought it in '96 but it seems to be from '95.  References to
EDID in the Usenet archives suggest that EDID dates from around
that time.  read-edid failed.

> You said in your original post the problem is intermittent,
> I think you can rule out a problem with your X config. Is it
> possible via your monitors controls (on screen display) to reset
> your monitor to it's factory default modes. Check your monitor
> handbook.

Resetting doesn't help, it still does it.

It never did it on my old PC, so it's probably either my new card
or X4.  I'll see what a 2.4 kernel does.

Thanks for all your help!

--
Tom Zych
This email address will expire in a few days to thwart spammers.